The concept of injecting a substance under a crease or wrinkle to fill in the depression and push the skin back up is nothing new. Various substances have been tried with varying degrees of success…and safety for hundreds of years.
But when it comes to true modern dermal fillers, the original was Restylane. It was the first dermal filler approved by the FDA back in 2006. What started as a single filler intended for nasolabial folds and marionette lines has expanded into an entire family of Restylane products, each intended for different areas of the face. Dr. Kronberg offers Restylane fillers for her patients.
Restylane is a “natural” filler. This is because it is made of hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance in the human body whose job is to hydrate and plump the skin. Hyaluronic acid does this because it can bind with 1,000 times its weight in water.
We offer all five dermal fillers in the Restylane® family. All of these fillers are hyaluronic acid fillers and intended for different areas of the face.
- Restylane® — After it’s approval by the FDA in 2006, Restylane® immediately became popular for addressing marionette lines, nasolabial folds, and other wrinkles by adding volume beneath the wrinkle or crease and pushing the surface skin upward. Its results last up to one year.
- Restylane-L® — Restylane-L is basically Restylane® with Lidocaine added for comfort.
- Restylane® Silk — Restylane® Silk is an alternative to Juvederm Volbella. It is used for subtle lip enhancement and for the correction of vertical lip lines. It provides results for around six months.
- Restylane® Lyft — Restylane® Lyft adds volume to the cheeks and corrects smile lines. It is an alternative to Juvederm® Voluma.
- Restylane® Refyne — Restylane® Refyne was approved by the FDA in December 2016. This new addition to the Restylane® line (along with Defyne, see below) is used to correct smile (marionette) lines and nasolabial folds. Refyne is specifically formulated to treat mild to moderate lines and wrinkles. Galderma has cross-linked the gel in Restylane® Refyne and Defyne to help support the patient’s natural expressions — for real-life results that help maintain natural movement when smiling, frowning, or otherwise moving your mouth.
- Restylane® Defyne — Approved along with Refyne, Defyne also specifically targets nasolabial folds and marionette lines. The difference is that Defyne is designed for use on moderate to severe creases and lines. Both Refyne and Defyne provide results that last up to one year.
Who said you have to take wrinkles and thin lips and like it? Fight back with Restylane, the original dermal filler, and the surrounding family of other targeted fillers. Dr. Kronberg offers the entire Restylane line. To make an appointment, call Dr. Kronberg at her Houston office, (713) 771-8941.